Hey Guys, We are kicking off a #30DaysofCode Challenge starting today.
In this, we will code every day for 30 days i.e., basically a whole month for creating something.
This will be the epic time especially for those who had a project in mind but weren’t able to start it. You can start now along with 100s of new people. We also have a support group on Facebook.
You will submit the project here on our site so people can vote for the projects. You can also ask questions here.
Theme: Your project can be a game, a resource to help society, or to raise awareness or something entertaining or maybe an AI.
The main aim of this challenge is to push yourself to create something new, to expand your horizon so that you can learn new skills.
- You can participate either solo or in group.
- You cannot copy each other’s work.
- You cannot copy project from google.
- You will not use any abusive language towards any other member.
- If you don’t want to answer a question simply because it is too easy, then just leave it and don’t call the other person dumb.
Ok Cool, So what do I have to do?
You will select a project theme and you will write code everyday starting from today itself.
If you had a project in mind, then it’s cool, you can start it now but remember that you have to implement theme in any way you can. You have 1 month, do whatever you can to do but remember, you have to code every day. However, if you do not have anything in mind but want to create something, there’s a recommended project part at the end of this post.
You will be sharing what you have done throughout the day on your project by the end of the day. You can also see what others have done so that you can get new ideas to implement in your project.
I’m stuck, I don’t know what to do!
If you are facing any problems you can post them on facebook group or you can also ask a question here on this site. Just log in or register, if you haven’t already. Then click on create a post.
If you have a question, select category as question and proceed.
Someone would definitely help you out.
I want to submit my project for voting!
Same way, go over to create post and choose category as 30 Days of Code.
- Make a game like Hangman, Tic Tac Toe.
- Develop an AI (Tensorflow/wit.ai/keras etc).
- Make a service program to raise awareness.
Tutorials and References
The recommended language is Python, but you can use any language you want.
If you are using Python you can look over at our tutorials or repl.it tutorials:
We know designing a game in a month is no easy feat. Here are a few tutorials to help get you started:
- Learn Python from Scratch
- A starter guide to Pygame
- Build AI game with p5.js and ml5.js
- Game Tutorial: Canyon Runner
- Text-based adventure games in Python
- World-map generation for Ultima-style RPGs
- Beginner 3D Graphics
- How to draw pixel art on Python with Turtle
- Game Tutorial: Tetris in Python
- Game Tutorial: SSSnake in Python
- Game Tutorial: Space Invaders in Python
- Learn Space Shooter with HTML5
More will be added soon.